The FUE method used in hair transplantation has been widely used in our country and around the world in recent years. The FUE technique, which allows the hair follicles to be taken and transplanted one by one, has a very important place in hair transplantation because it allows the maximum amount of hair follicles to be removed without leaving any traces in the donor area. Thanks to the FUE technique, no cutting or piercing is applied to the scalp, as the grafts will be taken one by one.
This method, which is an abbreviation of Follicular Unit Extraction, was clinically tested for the first time in 1988, but it was approved medically in 2002. Contrary to what is known, FUE is not a hair transplantation method, but a technique used in hair transplantation to take grafts from the donor area. If this technique, which requires expertise, is not performed by the right persons, it is inevitable that unaesthetic images will occur in the donor area. In order to minimize the risk of complications, the need for the transplant area and the size/frequency of the donor area should be evaluated together.
How is FUE Hair Transplantation Performed?
Before FUE, the hair of the person to be used as a donor is shortened to 1 mm in size. After the area where the grafts will be taken is determined, local anaesthesia is performed and that area is anaesthetized. Local anaesthesia is performed painlessly due to new technological devices. After the local anaesthesia, the loss of pain sensation in the donor area will disappear and there will be no pain after the operation. After the anaesthesia procedure, one by one hair follicles is collected with the help of a micro-motor, with the tips ranging from 0.6 mm to 1 mm in proportion to the thickness of the hair and rotating rapidly/circularly. After the graft (hair root) is collected as much as the transplantation area needs, the FUE process is terminated and the collected grafts are kept in a cold chamber.
In the next stage, the process of opening the slots where the grafts will be planted to the planned areas and the transplanting of the grafts taken into those slots one by one is done.
After the operation, the patients are dressed in the donor area and discharged on the same day, and the medical dressing is removed from the donor area the next day.
FUE Hair Transplant Healing Process
The FUE method is an operation method with an easy recovery process.
- The next day, control examination and dressing are done.
- After the next day, the patient can start his daily activities.
- The transplanted hair starts to be washed from the 3rd day and is washed every day until the 10th day.
- After the 10th day, all the crusts in the planting area fall off and only the hair remains.
- 3 weeks after the operation, the transplanted hair starts to fall out. During this period, you should not panic, the transplanted hair leaves its roots under the skin and falls off by breaking from the top.
- After a month, the hair starts to grow again. These hairs are now permanent hair.
- Although the treatment process varies from person to person; It takes 6 months to 12 months for the hair to regain its natural appearance and grow in a healthy way.
What Are The Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant Compared to Other Hair Transplantation Methods?
- It is possible to recover much faster and return to normal life compared to other methods.
- There is no or very little bleeding during the procedure.
- It does not leave permanent scars in the donor area, as in FUG / FUT / FUSS transplantation techniques, where the hair follicles are taken with the strip method.
- You feel minimal pain after surgery
- The risk of infection is low as there is no need for any stitching.
- Due to the much better calculation of the extracted hair follicles, it allows the donor area to be reused for possible future operations.
- There are minimal complications such as mild swelling on the face.
- It can be applied to many parts of the body such as eyebrows, beard and moustache, and the procedures to be performed in all these areas are similar.
How to sleep after fue hair transplant?
What is fue hair transplant?
Can you shave your head after fue hair transplant?